1. Smart glasses – You’ve seen the Terminator or countless other sci-fi films where one of the character’s eyes has been fitted with bionic goggles. Google is working to accomplish that this year with eyewear. While there are apps that accomplish a similar function with the aid of mobile phones, Google’s creation will be an eyewear that finally catches up with the future. (Check it out)
2. Bendable phones – Do you sometimes get the urge to bend your mobile phone, or just twist it? Samsung is developing a paper thin flexible phone to squelch that need and will be releasing this grail of the modern age this year. So on top of everything that a phone can do these days, it will bend, twist, and dance in 2013. (Check it out)
3. Xbox 720 & PS4 – If you’re a gamer prepare to utterly lose your mind between reality and the virtual world. A slew of powerful video game systems will be exhibited at E3, an annual international games expo and among the newcomers are PS4 and Xbox 720. With this line up in play get ready for visuals as real as the hurricane. For more info on these new systems visit IGN.
4. 3D Printing – 3D printing is here, well its here for the consumer market. 3D printing has existed for the commercial market for sometime but expect the cost to drop low enough for household use. 3D printing, as the name implies will allow you to print out a radio, parts and everything via a formation process that deposits materials layer by layer through a controlled nozzle. Check out this low cost 3D printer here.
5. Motion Control – Hands free motion control of your computer. If you’ve played the Nintendo Wii, or Xbox Kinnect then you have an idea of what this is. 2013 will bring about a good change in how we interact with our computers by putting the hands free motion control in computers. A new company called Leap Motion will be releasing one of the best products of the year, the Leap, rather than explain it here is the video.