There are many advantages to using Facebook Marketing, and social media marketing as a whole. While the world has relied heavily on print marketing for a long time, taking advantage of Facebook Marketing will enable your business to connect with your audience, and tap into new markets much faster.
Facebook Marketing has become one of the most popular methods that businesses use to grow because it has maintained its social relevance and popularity since its release. With its range of pricing options for different types of businesses, budgets, and different target audiences, Facebook Marketing can be a powerful tool for your business when connecting to your target audience and driving engagement.
How does Facebook marketing help your business grow?
Although Facebook Marketing has been declining over the years, it still maintains its dominance. With 2.9 billion active users and two-thirds of Facebook users visiting local business’ pages, Facebook Marketing can help your business build brand awareness, find new customers, increase website traffic and enhance customer service.
What’s more, because you can completely track user behavior and therefore the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns, it can help you understand what marketing techniques are working best, how efficient your marketing campaigns are in terms of return on investments and, because you can stop and start Facebook marketing campaigns when you need to, it is highly cost-effective.
Driving user engagement becomes much easier as you can measure the success of your posts by seeing the reactions. Posting original content about your business and its offerings can also foster trust and build a good image for your business. There are a lot of Facebook Marketing options you can take advantage of for little to no cost, so it works for small and large businesses.
What are the pros and cons of using Facebook marketing?
While Facebook Marketing is a great tool for your marketing needs, weighing the pros and cons is important before diving in. Facebook Marketing is great in terms of audience reach, cost-effectiveness, and engaging with your audience but it may be handy to have a look at the comparison below before making any decisions.
- Potentially high return on investments, if you know what you’re doing.
- Able to create dynamic advertising such as text, picture, and video to name a few.
- Able to create and release marketing content as often and as much as your business can handle.
- Easy to experiment with different types of marketing as Facebook offers dynamic and even free marketing, e.g. Facebook posts.
- Easy to drive engagement as most people are online.
- Facebook Ads manager enables you to create ads that target users based on qualities such as age, location, gender, relationship status, purchase behavior, and so on.
- May be difficult to figure out the optimal way to use Facebook Marketing due to its diversity in marketing options.
- Requires time to figure out the best way to interact with your target audience.
- The audience requires frequently scheduled content to stay engaged with your content.
- Some Facebook advertising options can be costly.
- Only able to target users active on Facebook.
Which social media platform is best for marketing?
Facebook Marketing is by no means the only platform in the market that offers online marketing services. Of the myriad of social media platforms, the one that your business uses will depend on your target audience.
There are a lot of social media platforms out there, each with its unique uses, and different demographics making up the majority of its users. Below is a list of a few social media platforms with a little bit of information about how they’re used and what the audience looks like.
- Twitter: Twitter is a fast-paced platform that you use to send out “tweets” which are short 280 character messages. It’s a good platform if you want to publish original content regularly and make announcements with links to blogs, e-commerce websites, and share useful information with your audience. Most of Twitter’s audience (38%) is 25 – 44 years old.
- Instagram: Instagram is a visual platform, where most of the content you’ll see is pictures and short videos. It’s not a text-heavy platform and doesn’t allow links within posts. Instagram is a great platform if you want to reach your audience through photos and videos of your business’ products, behind the scenes, and so on. Making use of hashtags, Instagram stories and Live Video are also great ideas for reaching a wider audience. Around 62% of users are between the ages of 18 – 34.
- TikTok: TikTok has quickly become one of the dominant social media platforms. It is a good platform if you want to share videos about your business, quick tutorials, comedic skits, and so on. You can also use TikTok’s advertising features to promote your business. About 75% of TikTok’s audience is between the ages of 18-34.
How can social media attract customers?
Social media platforms allow people to connect. Most importantly it enables people to connect to their favorite influencers. Platforms such as Facebook and Instagram give people instant insight into product reviews, prices, and what is being endorsed by their favorite influencers.
As explained in the list of social media platforms, they are excellent for instantly engaging and connecting with your audience. Frequently releasing content about your product or service makes it much easier for you to build a relationship with your audience. This would mean that people are more inclined to purchase from you.
Learn more about this topic in a real time conversation with an expert. Select a time below.
Researching what your competitors are doing with their products used to be very costly, but this task has become a lot easier and cheaper with social media. Being able to understand what your competitors are doing with their offerings is important when considering how you can drive traffic and sales to your own business.