Social media is a growing field that can really help a business’s marketing strategy. Instagram is one of the newer applications that people are turning to in an effort to promote their businesses and can do a lot of good if used properly. Here are just a few ways to ensure you get the most out of your company Instagram account.
- Choose the right Instagram username. Your username on social media apps plays a large role in telling people who you are. It should relate to your company and brand, be easy to remember, and also be original.
- Consider what you are offering. When you are trying to promote your brand, you need to consider what it is you are trying to sell. While you want to avoid seeming too promotional, working your product or service into some posts will further expose followers to your brand.
- Use it regularly. The thing about social media accounts is that you need to constantly be posting new content in order for people to be able to find and follow you. The more often you use it—and at the right times—will help you to gain more notice and publicity.
- See what your customers post. Your Instagram should be relatable for your customer base; so track down users to see what sort of content they are posting, and see how you can work that into your own account.
- Give users an inside look at your company. Instead of just promoting your products or services, give users a behind-the-scenes look at your company. Show them what it is like in your offices, what your employees do for fun, and introduce them to your customers so they can see the faces behind your company’s brand.
- Use Instagram in combination with other social media accounts. By using your Instagram in conjunction with your Facebook and Twitter pages, you are giving your company more exposure, which can help to draw in more customers to all of your pages.
- Give customers a sneak preview. If you have a new product or service that you are gearing up to launch, give your Instagram followers a teaser about it. This will help to create a buzz and keep your customers excited about what is to come.
- Know what Instagram users love. While there are a lot of things that users are attracted to, one of the main draws for many users are cute animals. So, if possible and relevant, use this to your advantage.
- Only use good photos. Your rule of thumb should be this: if a photo does not look good without a filter, it does not get posted.
- Use the right filters. On that same note, make sure you choose the right filter to best enhance your photos, Lo-fi is great for food, while Hefe can really make a sunset even better.
- Hashtags matter. When tagging your photos, the hashtags are crucial; they can really help bring attention to your image and company overall, They also can follow your image across multiple platforms,
- It is not all about advertising. Of course, your goal is to promote your brand, but that does not mean that you cannot find clever and fun ways to incorporate your product or service without making it feel like another ad.
- Read feedback. By paying attention to what your customers like and do not like, then you can change your approach to ensure you best reach them.’
- Get customers involved. By asking customers to share images using a brand-specific hashtag, you are involving them and giving them a chance to show their love for your company.
- Use video. Instagram’s short video features offer a fun way of giving users a little more than just a snapshot of what it is you are doing or offering; use videos to give them tips, tricks, behind-the-scenes look, and anything in between.
- Have a theme and stick with it. Do not just start posting anything; every post should follow the same theme and make sense for your company. Otherwise, customers may be confused and turned off by your posts.
These are just a few tips to help you use Instagram more effectively. By keeping these tips in mind, you will find your follower count increasing everyday, and find that more and more people are coming to your website to learn more about your product or service or to buy it for themselves.